Before discussing how to Use Discord on PS4, you must have an idea about Discord and PS4, Discord is one of the useful chatting application that provides a platform to gamers that they communicate with the other players like voice, text, and video during playing games. What is PS4? PS4 is also known as PlayStation 4, is an 18th Generation video game home console created by Sony Computer Entertainment.
If you are willing to know that how to Use Discord on PS4, first, you should have an idea about how to Setup Discord on PS4? Now we move on that!
How to Setup Discord on PS4
Before this, you will require some significant equipment to setup Discord on PS4. These significant equipment are written below:
- A40 TR likes headset, which can support a USB connection and has an optical cable.
- Mixamp Pro TR likes device which switches voice between your Desktop and your PS4.
- 5mm Male to Male, 3.5mm – 3.5mm with Volume, Aux Splitter 3.5mm will be required.
- You will also be required to install Discord on your Desktop; it is optional for you.
Now we will move on How to Setup Discord on PS4.
There are some concrete that you will have to follow if you are willing to Setup Discord on PS4 correctly; these concrete steps are written below:
- First, you have to connect the cable between your PS4 and Mixamp; then, you can switch the voice between the PC and console.
- Navigate to PS4 settings, then Sound and Screen, then Audio Output Settings. Now alter the Primary Output Port to the (Optical) Digital Output Port.
- Plug the first side of the USB cable into Mixamp and connect the PC by using the other end. It will not work if your Mixamp is not in PC mode.
- Go to the Discord on your PC, select the setting, then Voice and Video.
- Alter the input device which lies in voice setting to your Mixamp.
- Plug the 3.5 – 3.5mm cable in the Speaker-port on PC and in the AUX-port on Mixamp.
- Return to your voice setting and change the output device of your PC speakers.
If you will follow these concrete steps properly, then it is not difficult for you to Setup Discord on PS4. Now you can easily execute your favorite PS4 games, and you can use Discord for chatting purposes at the same time.
How to Get Discord On PlayStation 4
There are some steps that are used to get Discord on PS4:
- Go to the Discord Account and Open it on any systems like Mobile or PC.
- Go to the Browser from your PS4.
- Visit the browser and search for Discord.
- Click on OK and fill up the mandatory information like password and account information.
- Now you are capable to log in to your Discord account.
Now we will move on!
How to Use Discord on PS4
There are some steps that will guide you on how to Use Discord on PS4. These steps are written below:
- Go to the setting and click on Sound and Screen Option.
- Go to the Audio Output setting and select it.
- Click on the digital output port and alter it to optical.
- Click on the Audio format and select (Dolby) Bitstream. Now go to the start setting screen and click on devices, then select open Audio devices and bear this thing in your mind that headphones output should be set to Audio chat.
Now, connect everything to your Computer. Power on your PC. Plug the USB cable into the Mixamp and the another into your Computer. Bear this thing in your mind that now your Mixamp is in PC mode.
- Go to the Discord setting on your PC and select it, then open the settings.
- Click on the voice and video option.
- Choose the headset that you are using in the input device section.
- Now exit the output device and set it default.
Now click on done to finish this process, now you are able to chat free with the help of Discord, and you can utilize your PlayStation 4 voice at the same time.
If it Still Does not work, then What to do.
It would not be possible for you to listen to another voice playing on your PC. That is why the PlayStation 4 is getting the primary voice source on Mixamp. It is simple to fix this problem.
Plug the 3.5 – 3.5mm cable into your Computer’s speaker port and AUX port of Mixamp. Now follow the step no 7 to alter the Output Device and voila, your issue will be solved.
How to Join PS4 party chat on Computer
There are some steps that are used to join the PS4 party chat on your Computer:
- First, you have to download the program named PS4 remote play on your Computer.
- Login your PSN account on this program.
- Now turn on your PS4.
- Connect to the option that is party chat on your Computer.
- Execute the remote play program in the background.
This post is all about that How to Use Discord on PS4; this post will definitely solve your queries and issues related with how to use and setup Discord on PS4; after reading this post, you should know about that how to set up Discord on PS4 and how to use Discord on PS4, if you have further queries then we are glad if you can share your queries with us, you can contact with us to write your comment in the below comment section.
- Better Discord Plugins| Best 5 Better Discord Plugins- How to install and use
- Furry Discord Servers – Join Now
Q: Can I download Discord on PS4?
Ans: No, you can’t download Discord on PS4, but it is possible for you to link your account by PS4 Discord.
Q: Is there a PS4 application for Discord?
Ans: No, there is no application for Discord on the PS4 application store.