In case discord overlay not working, then it can be set by enabling its overlay. When it is not working, one should have to look either; it is enabled in-game overlay or not. It is a software in which different kinds of groups and individuals can interact with each other. This software is very entertaining and facilitating. It is mostly used by gamers. This is very beneficial. Moreover, this software is used for communication purposes. Moreover, the top-secret control panel button is grey, which signifies it is disabled.
Try Enable In-Game Overlay To discord overlay does not Working Error
To fix the errors due to which discord overlay is not working go in the settings and enable in-game overlay. Discord is a software which is mainly designed for the purpose of communication. In this software, there were no buttons witnessed for calling purposes. This is a software in which if both parties are online so they will be connected automatically. It can be used by initially downloading it and then install it on your phone or personal computer. Then by signing in, it can be used. In discord personal computers, a secret control panel button has been witnessed.
Discord Overlay Settings
Discord overlay settings can be altered to get rid of the issue like discord overlay is not working. The main objective of discord is communication among the teen and adults it was basically designed for the purpose of gaming. One of the major benefits of this software discord is that it is free of cost, and it is being used by many of the gamers. So, that they can communicate with themselves. Moreover, this software is very beneficial.
How To Fix Discord Overlay Does Not Working Error
One should check if he has enabled in-game overlay because it is necessary to do in case if overlay is not working. It is also important so that they can communicate with themselves. Moreover, this software is very beneficial. There are some steps to show how can it be enabled.
- Step 1: Open discord and click settings icon
- Step 2: On left panel clickon overlay button
- Step 3: Make sure toggle next to Enable in-game overlay is turned on.
How to make discord overlay work on windows 10
In case if Discord overlay is not working during the game according to some of the users this issue occurs with some of the game. However, it works in the possible circumstances and if you faced any kind of such problem so keep reading so that you can get the solution of it.
Make Sure your game supports Overlay Option
The first thing a user should do is that the game which a user is playing actually supports discord overlay. The feature will not be able to work with some of the games due to some unknown reasons.
Once a person is sure he can get with the listed solutions.
Solution 1: Enable In-game Overlay
To use Discord app you need to enable the option of your game.
- Open Discord app
- Click on the button of user setting
- Now click on overlay in left panel
- On right side click toggle to enable the option that says
- Now click on game activity in left panel
- And in right panel locate which game are you playing
- Save the settings and reboot it
Solution 2: Restart Your Computer
This rebooting the computer often becomes very effecting. This is the issue of software which by rebooting can be settled.
Solution 3: Grant the Rights of Discord Admin
Discord Overlay Not Working error can also be occur because of admin rights
- You can click on executable file of Discord located in program files.
- In the context menu click on run as an administrator
- Click on yes button when presented with the UAC (User Account Control)
- Launch the game and problem shall be resolved
Solution 4: Acceleration of the hardware shall be disabled
When acceleration of hardware is enabled it uses GPU due to which it runs more effectively.
- Open Discord
- Click on user settings
- Click on appearance in left panel
- In right panel go to acceleration hardware toggle it of
- Click on ok there you go with confirmation prompt
- Restart discord issue will be resolved
Solution 5: Adjust the display Scale Accordingly
If the screen is scaled above 100% you might feel this Discord Overlay Not Working error, but it can be resolved by:
- Click window button+ I to open settings app
- Click on system
- Display should be selected
- Select 100% which is recommended
- Restart the game.
Solution 6: Change the position of the overlay
It could be possible that a person unknowingly dragged the overlay somewhere down the screen. In that case following steps to be followed:
- Close game and Discord.
- Click the double arrow button in menu (>>)
- Under the key column in right panel locate overlay store and right click onit
- Select delete from it
- Restart Discord and this will obviously work
Solution 7: Use VPN instead of Proxy
It is preferred to use VPN rather than proxy to fix Discord Overlay Not Working error, because it is prone to hacker attacks and prevent Discord from it.
Follow these steps hope this will resolve the issue.
- Press window button + R to open dialogue box.
- Type control panel in text field and press ok
- Go to the connections tab
- “Use proxy server for your Lan” here option shall beunmarked
- Click ok
Solution 8: Update the Discord To Fix Discord Overlay Not Working Error
In order to update the Discord application a person need a working internet connection so that it can be updated after updating restart the computer.
So these all solutions will be quite helpful in rebooting and working on its outright efficiency will work.
Also check: Discord Text Formatting Public Discord Servers
It is a software in which different kinds of groups and individuals can interact with each other. This software is very entertaining and facilitating. It is mostly used by gamers. This is very beneficial. Moreover, this software is used for communication purposes.