Discord is the most popular platform for gamers from all around the world, where they not only play games with their friends but also chat with each other. Discord never disappoints its users and always offers something new that keeps its users curious about the platform, and they keep coming.
Like various other apps that allow users to set custom status, such as online, busy, do not disturb, etc., Discord also allows its users to set custom status. Earlier, the platform only allows its users to use custom statuses that include Idle, Online, Do not disturb, and Invisible. But now you can set custom statuses on your Discord profile and let your friends know what you are up to without saying anything.
As we have stated earlier, Discord is a gaming communication platform, which assists players to use voice or text to communicate during gameplay. The platform has a massive fan-base all around the world, and the main thing that keeps users coming towards it is its cross-platform compatibility and support. You can have the app on your PC or mobile devices. To communicate with your friends, it allows you to create an account on your Android or iOS device.
This post is all about Discord custom status, and if you don’t know how to use this new feature, you should read this post till the end. So, let’s begin!
How to Set Discord Custom Status?
Setting Discord custom status is a straightforward process, and you can set it from any device, such as from your computer, laptop, smartphone, etc. Below is our step-by-step instruction guide on how to set a Discord custom status.
Set Discord Custom Status from Desktop
- Open any web browser installed on your desktop and open the Discord.
- Log in to your Discord account using login credentials, such as your user ID and password associated with your Discord account.
- Click on the profile icon, which you can find on the bottom-left of the Discord app.
- Now you will see five options that include the Discord default statuses. One of them will read as Set a custom status.
- Click on Set a custom status, and an empty text box will appear.
- In that empty box, you can set the Discord custom status of your choice, as well as add emoji if you want.
- Below the Discord custom status, you will see another drop-down list, which you can use to clear your Discord custom status after a specific time that you choose.
It is essential to know that the Discord custom status will disappear after 24 hours if you don’t set a time frame. The time frame allows you to set your Discord custom status and keep it for more than 24 hours after selecting Don’t Clear option.
- Click on the Save option to save your Discord custom status.
Set Discord Custom Status from iOS
If you are using Discord on an iOS device, the process is almost the same for setting Discord custom status. To do this below is a step-by-step guide;
- Launch the Discord app on your iOS device.
- Tap on the user icon, which you can find at the bottom-right of the Discord app.
- Now, select the Set status option to set your Discord custom status.
- Now, click on the Set custom status option.
- You will see a blank text field, where you can set Discord custom status of your choice. If you want to add emoji to your status, you can also do that.
- Set the time duration of your status, after which you want to clear your Discord custom status.
- Now, click on the Save to save your Discord custom status.
If you are using Discord on your Android device, you can follow the very same process to set your Discord custom status.
How to Change or Remove Discord Custom Status?
If you want to remove Discord custom status and want to use default Discord status, the process is very simple. Below is a step-by-step guide to change or remove Discord custom status.
- Launch the Discord app from the device you are using, let it be a computer, laptop, smartphone, etc.
- Tap on the profile menu icon, which you can find on the bottom-right of the Discord.
- Tap on the Change Status option.
- Now tap the X icon to clear your Discord custom status.
- Now, if you want to use Discord default status, choose from the Discord default statuses.
Discord has a massive user-base, and it keeps attracting more people from all over the world. Recently, in addition to its default statuses, Discord added a new feature know as Discord Custom Status, which you can use on our profile. If you don’t know how to access the Discord custom feature, you can use use our step-by-step guide above to change Discord default status to Discord custom status.
- Destiny 2 LFG Discord – Complete Guide
- How to report someone on Discord?
- Destiny 2 Discord Server – Join Now
- Xenon Discord Bot – Complete Guide
- 4 Best Discord Servers Reddit
- Spoiler Tag Discord – Complete Guide
- Groovy Discord Bot Complete Guide
- Top 6 Best Discord Rhythm Bot
Q: Can I add emoji in Discord Custom Status?
Ans: Yes, Discord custom status allows you to add both text and emoji to set your Discord custom status.